Saturday, September 8, 2007

Insufficient Notice of Entry

This is how Management disregards my written request for reasonable accommodation even after being contacted by Fair Housing Center of Greater Boston: (click on images to enlarge)

Thursday afternoon August 30, 2007, I received a notice from this property mgr. that workmen will need full access to my apartment 'Starting Tuesday 9-4-07 from 8am-4pm'. No one showed. No one called.

On Wednesday 9-5-07, I was startled from a sleep by an unfamiliar workman inside my living room after he ripped open the locked patio door. Is this what 'having the right to feel secure' inside your home means? I called Management to ask her about this situation. She claimed she gave me sufficient notice. Really? And how long does 'STARTING TUESDAY' last for?

On Thursday and Friday, instead of finishing up the work they started, workmen worked on other uncompleted buildings. Residents have been seriously inconvenienced and unexpectedly disturbed with noise, interference, and inaccurate notice of work schedules.

Without notice, Saturday 9-8-07, I was awakened by loud hammering and drilling outside my third floor bedroom window. I looked out to see a workman raising a hammer toward my window and walls. Again, no notice. It sure would be nice if leases and laws for tenants were enforced on these HUD/Mass Housing properties.


Even with all the overtime, the windows and patio doors still aren't complete. Neither are the common areas. It is a hazardous and stressful place to have to live. Let's reward these corporate landlords with another rent increase for being in constant violation of occupancy agreements.

Management's convenient misdates and miscalculations reminds me of a suspicious building fire in July 2001, when damaged apartment doors were shown to an insurance adjuster. By now, all hatchet-damaged doors should have been replaced. Perhaps door installers weren't able to gain access to vacated units?

And, where are all the handicapped people for all those newly-renovated handicapped units?

And, where is the answer to my request for reasonable accommodation? Is it in Management's 'STARTING Tuesday' notice? Perhaps their response to my request is in the Summary Process for Eviction?

Spring Gate's renovated dumpster area.

No comments: