Wednesday, January 25, 2012

YIKES!

First of all, I'd like to wish everyone a happy new year for 2012.   If you're living at Rockland Place Apartments dba Spring Gate Apartments, I wish you a better place to live before your suffering begins.... (or is it too late already?)
     I can't believe I was startled from my sleep again.  I had another nightmare where I thought I was living at Rockland Place Apartments in Rockland, Mass. YIKES!
     Strangely enough, most of my nightmares are reality-based.   Around 3:00 this morning, I dreamed of boarded up hallway windows with clouds of black smoke inside my apartment and hallway again.  Head-of-maintenance torched another building and displaced more low-income residents. She ditched the plumber's torch in a closet and took off out of the building while laughing at a 3-year-old girl who was terrified by the fire alarms sounding.  (The fire alarms worked appropriately in the nightmare.)
     Believe it or not, some of my ongoing nightmares are actually more pleasant than the realities of living in subsidized housing. At least in my nightmare, the unlicensed torch-bearer was fired from her job so she couldn't harm any other tenants. In reality though, this maintenance person was promoted to property manager.  YIKES again!
     I thought by now I'd be able to forget the chaos, the fires, and the property managers' abusive and unethical tactics at that subsidized housing complex. I guess I'm still recovering.  Living at Rockland Place dba SpringGate has been a costly, never-ending nightmare.  For some reason, corporate owners and management have little need to comply with laws and lease agreements; probably due to their powerful associations and substantial political campaign contributions.

No comments: